SharePoint is a web application platform which helps people collaborate more effectively by providing them with a centralised space dedicated to information and file sharing, communication, business intelligence and much more. By providing a central information repository a small team or entire organisation can work more efficiently by enabling every person to get to the right information they need more quickly. The results are higher productivity and a more streamlined system of content management
SharePoint enables collaboration to break down siloed cultures, boosts productivity through mobility, document management and enables faster decision making through reports / dashboards in portals. Some benefits of adopting a SharePoint solution include.
- Centralise your file sharing – enable multiple staff to edit and build documents together.
- Streamline company procedures and tasks to increase your productivity.
- Store valuable business intelligence in centralised information repositories.
- Set permission levels to manage information and ensure each team member can access the information they need.
- SharePoint technology is ideal for building a company intranet portal.
- SharePoint can be accessed from any internet-connected device and makes it a perfect solution to building company portals and allowing team members to access data if they are out of the office.
- SharePoint integrates with popular Microsoft Office Apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook etc. This makes it easy for your organisation to adopt this technology as it is built on top of pre-existing technologies.
Seers has a number of solution strategies and accelerators which enable enterprises to get the best return from SharePoint, some of these consulting and technology strategies include:
- Social collaboration
- Workflow and Process Automation
- Document Management
- Knowledge Management